Monckton Chambers is acknowledged as a pre-eminent set in all areas of competition law.
We offer specialists at every level of seniority, to suit every type of competition law case. Our members are recognised leaders in their field, who consistently appear in the leading competition cases in both the European and domestic courts.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Antitrust (Article 101 TFEU/Chapter I Competition Act 1998 and Article 102 TFEU/Chapter 2 Competition Act 1998);
- Mergers and concentrations;
- Public undertakings;
- Specific sectoral regimes, including telecommunications; utilities (gas, electricity, and water); health; and financial services;
- State aid;
- Fast track competition claims.
We advise and represent clients on proceedings in a wide range of fora, including:
Members also act in competition law actions and inquiries in many countries around the world, including in Hong Kong. We act both as party representatives and as expert witnesses on UK and EU competition law. We also act in international competition law arbitrations and mediations. See our Arbitrators page for details of members who act as arbitrators.
See individual barristers’ CVs for details of members’ recent and significant cases.
Members of Monckton Chambers write, edit and/or contribute to numerous leading competition law publications and periodicals, including:
- Lindsay & Berridge, The EU Merger Regulation: Substantive Issues (5th ed., 2017);
- Bellamy & Child, European Union Law of Competition (7th ed., 2013, and updates);
- Bellamy & Child, Materials on European Union Law of Competition (2013);
- Brealey, Competition Litigation: UK Practice and Procedure (2010).