Antonia joined Chambers in October 2021 following the successful completion of her pupillage. She accepts instructions in all of Chambers’ main practice areas.
Before pupillage, Antonia worked as a paralegal for Ofsted, assisting with the preparation of investigations in the Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse (IICSA). She was also a director of the School Exclusion Project, which provides pro bono representation to the parents of children permanently excluded from state schools.
Prior to coming to the Bar, Antonia was a Junior Research Fellow and Lecturer in History at St. John’s College, University of Oxford, where she wrote a book on medieval history.
Recent instructions include:
- Sportradar v Football DataCo and Betgenius: junior counsel in a standalone claim for an injunction and damages for breach of EU and UK competition law. The case concerns exclusivity agreements for the collection and distribution of “in-play” betting data relating to football matches in the FA Premier League, Scottish Premier League, and English Football League.
- Trucks: junior counsel for Ryder, a claimant in the Trucks damages litigation.
During pupillage, Antonia assisted in relation to a wide range of Competition matters including:
- Volkswagen AG v MOL (Europe Africa) Ltd & Others: follow-on damages claim arising from the Roll-on/Roll-off shipping cartel.
- Stellantis NV (formerly Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV) & Others v NTN Corporation & Others: follow-on damages claim arising from the automotive bearings cartel.
- The CMA’s investigation into alleged excessive and unfair pricing with respect to hydrocortisone tablets.
• Justin Le Patourel v BT Group PLC: application for a Collective Proceedings Order in respect of a standalone claim against BT for unfair pricing of standalone/unbundled land-line services.
- Justin Gutmann v First MTR South Western Trains Limited: proposed collective proceedings arising out of allegations of abuse of dominance with respect to boundary fares.
- Churchill Gowns Limited and Student Gowns v Ede & Ravenscroft Limited & Others: standalone claim arising from an alleged infringement of UK competition law in the market for the supply of academic dress.
- Department of Health and Social Care v Warner Lambert Company LLC: inquiry as to damages in respect of undertakings given by Warner Lambert on injunctions preventing generics companies from entering the market for the supply of the drug pregabalin.
- Secretary of State for Health v Servier Laboratories: “pay-for-delay” claims against Servier.
Administrative & public
During pupillage, Antonia assisted in relation to a range of matters including:
- R (Richards) v The Environment Agency  EWHC 2501: a landmark human rights case concerning a vulnerable five-year-old boy’s successful challenge to the Environment Agency’s regulation of a polluting landfill site.
- R (Cheung) v Office of Intercollegiate Services (Downing College Cambridge were an Interested Party): resisting a disappointed applicant’s challenge to the Office and College’s decision not to admit him to study Land Economy.
- Various matters on an advisory basis, including advising a non-departmental public body as to the extent of its vires, and advising a child in relation to his right to education under A2P1 of the ECHR.
During pupillage, Antonia assisted on a range of procurement matters including advising the Department of Health and Social Care and Public Health England in relation to medicines procurement.
During pupillage, Antonia assisted on a range of procurement matters including:
- Advising the Department of Health and Social Care and Public Health England in relation to medicines procurement.
- Resisting a challenge to a contract award for the supply and installation of acoustic barriers on a motorway.
During pupillage, Antonia assisted in advising on a range of Sport matters, including:
- FA disciplinary proceedings against a football agent for alleged breach of conflict of interest provisions in the FA Regulations.
- A potential judicial review challenge in respect of a sports governing body’s regulations.
Recent instructions include:
- Karmeinsky v Bolt Services UK Ltd: successfully resisting an application for permission to appeal in the Central London County Court against the striking out of a purported claim under s. 29 of the Equality Act 2010.
During pupillage, Antonia assisted in relation to matters including:
- A prospective claim against the Home Office under the Data Protection Act.
- A prospective claim in judicial review against the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care.
During pupillage, Antonia assisted Melanie Hall QC on a number of complex VAT issues in a high-profile case with a household name tax payer.
Education, Awards and Prizes
- BPTC, City Law School (Outstanding).
- GDL, City Law School (Distinction).
- PhD (Medieval History), University College London.
- MA (Medieval Studies), University College London (Distinction, top of year).
- BA (Hons) History, Wadham College, University of Oxford (First Class).
Scholarships and prizes
- Winner of the Administrative Law Bar Association Moot (2019)
- Bedingfield Scholarship, Gray’s Inn (2019)
- Residential Scholarship, Gray’s Inn (2019)
- BPTC Scholarship, City Law School (2019)
- Winner of the Maitland Advocacy Prize (2018)
- David Karmel Award, Gray’s Inn (2018)
- GDL Scholarship, City Law School (2018)
- Various Academic prizes at undergraduate and postgraduate level including College Prize for performance in Finals (Wadham College, University of Oxford), UCL Alumni Association MA Prize (for the highest-scoring MA in the History Department) and MA and PhD scholarships from the Arts and Humanities Research Council.
French (working knowledge).