Monckton Chambers has several specialists in environmental law who have regularly advised and acted in cases involving environmental law issues. The team is able to draw on years of expertise in EU law to advise on all aspects of retained EU environmental legislation, and has extensive experience of litigating environmental issues in a public law context.
Members act for private clients and campaigning groups, for the Environment Agency, central government departments and local authorities.
Specific areas of expertise include:
- Access to environmental information
- Agriculture and fisheries
- Climate change and emissions trading
- Contaminated land
- The Convention on Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora
- Energy conservation
- Environmental impact assessments
- Environmental permits
- Environmental protection
- Habitats and Wild Birds Directive
- Pesticides regulation
- State aid for environmental protection
- Waste management and landfill
- Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive
Members of Monckton have appeared in the Administrative Court, Court of Appeal, Supreme Court and the European courts in a range of environmental law cases, and members regularly appear in cases involving environmental information.
Contact the Clerks
"*" indicates required fields