Monckton Chambers has unrivalled expertise in the fast track procedure for competition claims before the Competition Appeal Tribunal. Barristers from Monckton Chambers represented both parties in the only fast track claim to have proceeded to trial to date. You can read news items about the case here, and a case note discussing the judgment here.
The fast track is designed to offer a fast and cost-effective way for victims of competition law infringements to bring their claims to court. Specifically the fast track guarantees that:
- The hearing will take place within six months; and
- The costs are capped, so the exposure to paying the other side’s costs is limited.
The Tribunal decides which claims are suitable for fast track. A claim is more likely to be considered suitable if:
- The claimant is a small business;
- The claim is relatively simple; and or
- The claim does not require extensive disclosure of documents, or a large number of witnesses.
A claimant might ask the Tribunal for an order that the anti-competitive behaviour must stop, or for compensation for losses it has suffered as a result of it.
Please call the clerks on 020 7405 7211 for a confidential discussion of your case.