Members of Monckton Chambers have acted in many of the leading social care and local government cases of the past decade. The team has very significant experience of cases in the higher courts, including the Supreme Court.
Barristers at Monckton advise and represent individual claimants, charities and NGOs, private companies in the social care sector and public authorities.
The team’s expertise includes:
- The Care Act 2004, including challenges relating to Needs Assessments
- The Children Act 1989, including challenges relating to s.17 Child In Need Assessments
- Age disputes between local authorities and unaccompanied asylum seekers
- Housing, including challenges relating to social housing allocation schemes
- Education law disputes, including challenges relating to EHCPs or the right to education
- Asylum support
Counsel teams from Monckton are regularly instructed in major challenges to local authority policies. Our barristers, particularly junior members of the team, frequently act as sole counsel in challenges to decisions relating to provision for individual adults or children.