Ciar joined Monckton Chambers as a tenant in 2018 following successful completion of pupillage. During pupillage, Ciar was supervised by Robert Palmer, Philip Woolfe and Azeem Suterwalla.
Ciar is now developing a diverse practice spanning the breadth of Chambers’ expertise: Competition, EU, Public law and Human Rights, Commercial Litigation and Sports.
Prior to coming to the Bar, Ciar worked at the Court of Appeal as Judicial Assistant to Lord Justice Briggs (as he then was).She was also a Legal Fellow at JUSTICE, an intern at the Bingham Centre for the Rule of Law, and spent time working as a quantitative market researcher with a particular focus on the telecoms industry.
Recent case news
CompetitionNovember 12, 2019
- Other news
- BPTC, BPP Law School (VC)
- BCL, Hertford College, University of Oxford (Distinction)
- BA in Law and French Law, Hertford College, University of Oxford (First Class)
- Licence Droit, Université Paris II Panthéon-Assas
Scholarships and prizes
- BCL Prize for best performance in Comparative Public Law (University of Oxford)
- Shelford Scholarship, Lord Denning Scholarship and Hardwicke Entrance Award (Lincoln’s Inn)
- Crowther Shield for public speaking (Lincoln’s Inn)
- Phoenicia Scholar (Bar European Group)
- Bar European Group
- Commercial Bar Association
- French (advanced)
- Spanish (advanced)