Ben Lask, Azeem Suterwalla and Michael Armitage successful in most recent round of Attorney General Panel appointments
Azeem Suterwalla has been promoted to the Attorney General A panel, joining Ben Lask who was also successful in retaining his place in the panel which deals with the most complex government cases. Michael Armitage has been promoted to the “B” panel in this round of appointments, which commence from September for five years.
The Attorney General maintains four advisory panels of junior counsel to undertake civil and EU work for all government departments. There are three London panels (an A panel for senior juniors, a B panel for middle juniors, a C panel for junior juniors) and a regional panel. In addition, there are three Public International Law Panels.
In total, these most recent appointments mean that a total of 18 members of Monckton Chambers are on the following AG’s panels:
- A Panel: Raymond Hill, Alan Bates, Ben Lask, Andrew Macnab, Peter Mantle, Brendan McGurk, Ewan West, Azeem Suterwalla.
- B Panel: Fiona Banks, Julianne Kerr Morrison, Michael Armitage.
- C Panel: Conor McCarthy, Jack Williams, Imogen Proud, James Bourke, Khatija Hafesji.
- Public International Law A Panel: Thomas Sebastian
- Public International Law C Panel: Nikolaus Grubeck