In conjunction with Practical Law, Anneli Howard has produced a 42-minute video in which she examines the contents and implications of the European Union (Withdrawal) Bill 2017-19; commonly referred to as the Great Repeal Bill. She concentrates on five areas:
- What the repeal of the European Communities Act 1972 will mean in practice for acquired rights.
- The practical effects of the Government’s “cut and paste” of existing European law into our domestic system
- How judges are going to be expected to interpret and apply EU-derived law going forward and what relevance ECJ rulings and Commission decisions will have post-Brexit.
- Explaining the role and scope of the Henry VIII clauses in the Bill to modify existing primary legislation
- The potential for future challenges down the line
There is an accompanying transcript to select the various topics and a CPD questionnaire if you want to earn CPD points.
You can access this video FREE content, by going to the Practical Law website. Please click on the ‘Buy Now’ button and follow the instructions. You’ll need to register as a New User and then select ‘Invoice Me’, but you will NOT be charged.