At a Brexit seminar in Copenhagen at the Danish Association for European Law on 6 April, Tim Ward and Christopher Muttukumaru were principal speakers. Their presentations included post Brexit regulation of the Aviation and Telecommunications sectors.
The event was chaired by Professor Ulla Neergaard , Professor of EU Law at the University of Copenhagen. The third principal speaker was Ros Kellaway, head of EU and Regulatory group, Eversheds-Sutherlands.
The seminar was attended by private practitioners, academics and law students.
The speakers covered the following topics:
- ” All the world’s a stage ” – the UK Government’s White Paper on Brexit , including the UK’s new global outlook; the Article 50 letter of 29 March and the Commission’s response;
- Aspects of post-Brexit regulation in the Competition field;
- Aspects of post-Brexit regulation in the Telecommunications field;
- Aspects of post-Brexit regulation in the Transport (Aviation) field;
- The Great Repeal Bill – its purpose and coverage;
- The roles of the national courts, of the CJEU and of the Commission in a post Brexit world.
There followed a very lively series of questions and answers about a post-Brexit future . Topics raised by the audience included questions about cartel investigations in a post Brexit world; UK support for the EU environmental acquis ; and the “what if ” questions about the future of Scotland.
The speakers’ written materials have been published on the organisers’ website here.