The Legal 500 UK 2018 awards – Monckton in the shortlist for nine awards
The Legal 500 Series, now in its 30th year, recognises the very best law firms, chambers, silks, in-house lawyers, business leaders and general counsel operating within the UK market through its annual awards. Based on months of research, which includes 70,000 interviews with in-house counsel, law firms and sets – the shortlist for 48 practice area awards and the three practice management categories, has just been announced.
Monckton Chambers and its members have been nominated for awards in three of the practice areas. The Set is nominated for two practice areas and five members are shortlisted for individual awards:
EU and competition
- Silk of the year: Gerry Facenna QC
- Chambers of the year: Monckton Chambers
- Silk of the year: Philip Moser QC
- Silk of the year: Melanie Hall QC
In addition, Monckton Chambers has been shortlisted for two of the practice management awards:
- Team of the year: Monckton Chambers – Clerking/practice management. The Set is one of seven teams nominated; and
- The Client Award For Communication And Innovation. Monckton Chambers is one of only four sets shortlisted for this recognition.
The results will be announced on the Legal 500 website and winners invited to a celebratory event on 22nd February 2018.
The shortlists for the Bar awards are available to view here.