20th November 2014 | Goldsmiths Centre, 42 Britton Street, London EC1M 5AD
6:00pm for 6:30pm start | 1 CPD
Chaired by Jon Turner QC
George Peretz: Disclosure issues – hot topics
- Obtaining Commission Decisions before they are publically available
- The presumption of innocence: the scope of Pergan Hilfstoffe
- Leniency material
- Procedural issues: sincere cooperation and the interaction between the national court and the EU Commission in damages claims
Anneli Howard: The impact of recent legislative reforms: what do they mean for damages actions
- The draft Damages Directive
- The Consumer Rights Bill
- Recommendations for collective redress
Paul Harris QC: Is there a role for the common law economic torts after Newson/Air Cargo?
- Intentionally causing loss by unlawful means
- Conspiracy to injure by unlawful means
Laura Elizabeth John: Proving damage
- Constructing a counterfactual: case law and practicalities
- Umbrella damages
- How interesting is interest? Recoverability of compound interest, and approaches and techniques for proving interest losses.
Panel discussion and Q&A
How to register
Our seminars are free to attend. To ensure your place, please RSVP to Claire Alderman email@example.com or call 020 7468 6345.