Anneli Howard in conjunction with Informa CPDcast has published a podcast on Antritrust Damages Actions in the UK Courts and the impact of the new European Damages Directive and the Consumer Rights Act 2015. The podcast lasts 30 mins and includes slides and a test, attracting 1 CPD point for solicitors and barristers
After completing the course you will:
- Understand the changes introduced by the new European Directive on Antitrust Damages Actions;
- Have an overview of the impact of the UK reforms in the Consumer Rights Act 2015;
- Be aware of when the UK will be required to implement the Directive;
- Understand the effects that the Directive will have on disclosure, establishing liability and limitation periods;
- Understand what constitutes the ‘passing-on’ defence and presumptions that apply to quantifying harm;
- Be aware of which courts in England and Wales have jurisdiction to hear claims for damages under the Directive;
- Appreciate the new powers of the Competition Appeal Tribunal for injunctive and collective relief;
- Know how the Directive benefits parties that settle damages claims;
- Understand the relative advantages and disadvantages for claimants and defendants from the new regime.
Monckton clients have been granted free access to the podcast for the rest of 2015. Please email marketing on firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can send you the voucher code. To take advantage of this offer:
- Go to the course page http://bit.ly/1JOPiQL – and click on the ‘Start this CPDcast Activity’ button located the bottom; and
- After creating a free account (or logging into their existing account), enter the voucher code when prompted.
Please let us know if you find this facility useful and would like to suggest further topics for the future.