Monckton Chambers is acknowledged as a pre-eminent set in all areas of competition law.
We offer specialists at every level of seniority, to suit every type of competition law case. Our members are recognised leaders in their field, who consistently appear in the leading competition cases in both domestic and European courts.
Members offer advice and representation at all stages of regulators’ investigations and in subsequent appeals and reviews of decisions, including:
- Competition investigations by the Competition and Markets Authority, European Commission, and by the sectoral regulators (including the use of “dawn raids” and other investigatory powers, applications for leniency, written and oral representations, negotiating early resolution and the making of complaints).
- Merger inquiries by the Competition and Markets Authority, European Commission and other merger authorities (including merger submissions, oral hearings and negotiation of remedies). Further information can be found on our Merger Control page
- Market investigations by the Competition and Markets Authority.
- Applications for appeal or review to the Competition Appeal Tribunal against decisions of the Competition and Markets Authority or the sectoral regulators (including decisions relating to infringements, rejections of complaints, mergers, and market investigations).
- Judicial review of regulatory decisions in the Administrative Court.
- Appeals to the General Court and the Court of Justice of the European Union against decisions by the European Commission.
See individual barristers’ CVs for details of members’ recent and significant cases.